Design and construction of repair and functional restoration of Edificio 10 of the San Salvatore Hospital as a result of the earthquake of 6 April 2009
Operation in question refers to the repair and functional restoration of Edificio 10 of San Salvatore Hospital in Coppito. Project within hospital complex provides repair and functional restoration of building identified as “10” on the plan. Building in question is spread over 3 levels above ground and one basement level, more coverage plan.
Building is designed to: ground floor hospital pharmacy, pathology, morgue, laboratories; first floor operating theatre; second floor offices. In addition to the types of intervention identified with the final design, based on their findings, were necessary implementations in therms of quality of works and a review of the decision to consolidate the exterior buck facing curtain. In addition to follow the actions for consolidating the structures are necessary works to divert the plan networks. The structural repairs with the final planning include:
- Reinforced concrete baffles realization in some building’s areas in order to establish a structural homogeneity for building object of intervention. These partitions will be distribuited between the basement and first floor.
- Construction work to repair damages caused by earthquake through pillars consolidation
- Bandage of all pillars consolidated with carbon fibers
- Consolidation of external curtain of first and second floor
- Interior painting
- Demolition and rebuilding walls
- New ceiling with antisismic structure
Ongoing adjustement to current safety standards identified by executive project concern:
- Fire compartements
- Detection of escape routes, horizontal and vertical
- Identification of principals, active and passive, fire protection
- Implementation or/and integration of system of automatic detection fire and signaling manual fire
- Realization of alarms sound diffusion system
- Adjustement of air distribuition ducts with installation of fire dumpers
- Implementation of interception system of medical gas pipeline outside operating department
Executive project includes improvement proposal offered in the tender.